Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Another Few Things from Reykjavik

If you haven't already done so, please read my post of last night because that's the "real" post about this very neat city. This post is just to blog about a few little things....none too important but Hubby is still sound asleep and I, of course, am not. What better way to entertain myself than with a little blogging. Ha!

First, my homepage on my laptop is set to Google so whenever I open a browser, up comes my search page. But Google is smart, very, very smart. It knows where you are in the world! When we were in England and Scotland, the page came up to Google.UK which was fine....I could read it with no problem, but here, oh my goodness....Google.IS is something else entirely. There is a place to click on so that it changes to English, but it's interesting to see the page completely in Icelandic. See it here.

Next, I took some photos of our bathroom here because it's so different. I mentioned last night that it's two steps down, but it's also irregularly shaped, not a square or rectangle. It's all black and white and the sink is quite trendy. Also, I know someone who has a constant battle with her boss about whether the toilet seat should be left up or always put back down after use. Here, the button to flush the toilet is located behind the seat, so you have to put the seat down in order to flush. How smart is that? There are actually two buttons on the "flusher", one gives a quick flush with less water, and the other, larger button is for a full flush for the times you really need that! This all may be TMI, but I did think it was interesting and would save a lot of water over time. Here's some photos....and you can see me in the white, fluffy hotel robe. Not a terribly attractive shot, but oh well. No way to photograph the bathroom without including myself.
























Right now it's absolutely storming outside. Our room is on the top floor and we have skylights and the rain is just making such a racket pounding down on them. The wind is whipping out there. But Hubby is still sleeping through it all, or maybe he's just in denial because he had such a wonderful hike planned for us today. I think our plan is to partake of the hotel breakfast and then hang here at this hotel until close to the noon check-out hour since we can't check into our next hotel until 2 PM. Never the less, it should be an interesting drive north, even in the rain. We probably won't see all the mountains, but we do have to come back down from there tomorrow when the weather should be a bit better. This is the first bad weather we've had that has compromised our plans, so we really can't complain, can we? Well, yes, I do think Hubby can because this is the part of the trip he was looking forward to the most.

2 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

When there's nothing else to do I always thinking about photographing the bathroom!

Anonymous said...

In sharing your blog with Tom it comes to mind just how much time you've spent not only reviewing the foods you ate, but the bathrooms along the way! Too funny!Luanne